Man Charged - Stolen Property Recovered - Farrar
Friday 05-Feb-2016 14:24
Northern Territory Police have recovered around $25,000 worth of stolen equipment following a traffic apprehension in Farrar.
Detective Acting Senior Sergeant Mark Bland said Police pulled over an alleged stolen Holden Commodore on Wednesday (3 February 2016).
“After searching the vehicle members located a quantity of stolen property, including power tools and National Broadband Network installation equipment. A small quantity of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia was also located in the car.”
“The 26-year-old driver, whom gave Police a false name, was arrested and charged with:
- Stealing (x3)
- Aggravated unlawful use of a motor vehicle
- Possess plates calculated to deceive
- Possess methamphetamine in public place
- Possess thing – administer drug
- Furnish false name to member
- Drive motor vehicle unlicensed
- Breach of bail
He will appear in Darwin Magistrates Court today.
Police are currently working to find the rightful owners of the property.