Charges – Recklessly Endanger Life – Alice Springs
Tuesday 21-Mar-2017 14:56
Northern Territory Police have charged a 35-year-old man following an incident involving a police officer in Alice Springs.
Senior Constable First Class Jan-Paul Antemes said the incident occurred about 5:00pm yesterday in Heavitree Gap.
“The man appeared highly intoxicated when he started to drive erratically,” he said.
“Police allege the offender intentionally drove at speed towards a police officer several times. The officer had to take cover to avoid being struck.
“The man was arrested a short time later and his vehicle was seized under the anti hooning legislation.”
The man was charged with:
- Recklessly endanger life
- Drive manner dangerous
- Drive whilst disqualified
- Drive high range drink driving
- Fail to obey direction of police officer
- Drive unregistered vehicle
- Drive vehicle causing loss of traction
- Damaging surface of road or public place
- Engage conduct contravene DVO
He was remanded in custody to appear in the Alice Springs Court tomorrow.
Police are calling for any witnesses to contact 131 444.