NT Police – we go to extremes! From Kakadu to Uluru policing in the Northern Territory is an experience like no other – it demands many skills both physical and mental. Working as a Territory police officer is much more than a job, it’s a rewarding career and lifestyle choice.
Great Pay: Post training $58,392 + 20% consolidated allowance + 5% General Policing allowance, 7 weeks annual leave, housing allowance and remote incentives.
Applicants who have an interest and a willingness to serve in remote areas are encouraged to apply!
YOU CAN APPLY AT ANYTIME!
"Since joining, I've worked at a number of places across the Territory including remote stations. What better way to see the country whilst being paid? Stop wasting time thinking about it or talking about it and just apply! You won't regret it."
Remote Sergeant Darren Keenan
- At the commencement of training be 18 years of age
- Be either an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or have permanent residence status
- Have either; a Senior Secondary Certificate (Year 12 or equivalent); or a completed trade certificate; or be able to demonstrate considerable employment experience, life skills and interaction with a variety of people.
- Possess a current provisional or open drivers licence to drive a manual vehicle
- Have general computing skills
- Have the ability to swim 200m without interruption
- Possess or have the ability to obtain Apply First Aid (HLTF301B) or (HLTF301C) qualification
- Be of good character (NT Police Recruitment Integrity Guidelines)
How do I apply?
To apply you must submit a Constable Application along with the required supporting documents, to find out more download the Constable Application booklet.
If your initial application is approved the following processes will follow:
- Integrity background checks will be performed to identify any criminal/traffic offences
- Physical Fitness and Written Assessment
- Panel Interview
- Referee Checks
- Pre Employment Medical Assessment
(Please note, candidates who fail to meet the required standards may be excluded from submitting an application for a determined period and will be notified in writing).
The Recruit Constable training course is a 30 week course held at the Northern Territory Police Fire and Emergency Services College at Peter McAulay Centre Darwin. Recruits are provided the initial induction and instruction into the NT Police Force and are paid for the duration of their training. The course is demanding mentally and physically and involves learning Legislation, Physical Training, Operational Safety Tactics Training, Driver Training, Information Systems training and much more. After successful completion of the course members will be posted to one of four regional centres (Darwin, Katherine, Alice Springs or Tennant Creek), where a further 18 months of probation is served. On successful completion of probation members receive the Diploma of Public Safety (Policing).
Please note, members of the Northern Territory Police Force may be required to serve in any geographical location within the Northern Territory where a Police presence is required.
If you have any questions about a Constable application please call 1800 005 099 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, DOB, how you heard about NT Police Recruitment and the entry pathway/s you are interested in.