Remember to lock your door before you leave.
- Always lock your room door.
- Secure valuables in a room safe, if available, or at front reception.
- Take note of emergency exits, stairwells, fire escapes and emergency plans. Be Prepared.
- Arrange to meet people in the lobby, don’t ask them to come up to your room.
- Walk with friends, rather than on your own, when moving about the city.
- If separating, tell your friends what your plans are and arrange meeting places and times.
- Wear valuables (such as traveller’s cheques and credit cards) on your person. If carrying a bag, wear it on your back, secured to your person rather than over one shoulder.
- If you are carrying money, carry only what you need.
- Don’t leave valuables or money unattended at entertainment venues.
- Don’t leave valuables or money unsecured in your room.
In an emergency call 000 (police, fire or ambulance). If calling from a mobile, dial 112.
For non-emergency crime incidents and general enquiries, call 131 444.