Preparedness refers to the arrangements or plans that ensure that all resources and services can be rapidly mobilised and deployed to deal with the effects of an emergency.
Planning is a process that works best if it is:
- Preparing plans for future hazards and threats.
- Ensuring emergency equipment and stores are maintained.
- Testing these plans through scenarios and exercises involving all key stakeholders.
- Public Education campaigns to ensure that the community know what they need to do in the event of a hazard or threat.
- Warning systems are established and understood.