Local Counter Disaster Planning Committee
A comprehensive approach to emergency management requires input from all agencies within the community, hence Local Counter Disaster Planning Committee's are formed to:
- Produce and amend the Local Counter Disaster Plan.
- Develop effective counter disaster arrangements to deal with identified threats affecting the community or district.
Membership consist of:
- A Chairman – Local Controller
- An Executive Officer – Member of NTES
- Additional members from key participating organisations within the community may be appointed by the committee as it considers necessary
Annex B of the All Hazards Emergency Management Arrangements outlines participating response and recovery organisations where Local Counter Disaster Planning Committee members are sourced. Specific membership will vary depending on the community's size and resources.