As a Local Counter Disaster Planning Committee member you are required to:
- 1. Attend formal meetings of the committee as required by the Local Controller. If unable to attend you are to ensure that another representative from your organisation is briefed and available to attend.
2. Ensure that your contact information is current in the Local Counter Disaster Plan.
3. Effectively represent your employer/organisation's interests in the planning process by ensuring that your organisation's response and recovery capabilities and limitations are correctly identified and understood.
4. Provide advice and assistance to the committee on the acceptability or otherwise of emergency response and recovery procedures being considered by the committee.
5. Develop detailed emergency response and recovery procedures in accordance with the roles and responsibilities of your organisation as detailed in your Local Counter Disaster Plan.
6. Actively support the Local Controller during counter disaster operations.
7. Actively support the agencies responsible for local recovery coordination during recovery operations.
Specific roles and responsibilities are identified for each participating organisation. These are agreed upon by the committee and included as part of the Local Counter Disaster Plan.
The representing member/s would be responsible for ensuring that the Council is capable of meeting these responsibilities.